In addition to production and distribution, S&S operates in the field of research and development as well. Our targeted research is carried out practice-oriented, like for example:
- testing of new beneficial organisms
- optimization of existing production techniques
- establishment of new quality testings and quality standards
- continuous quality control
- searching for new application areas
- development of new application methods
Quality assurance has always been most important at Sautter & Stepper. As early as 1995, Frank Stepper took part in the establishment of international Quality Standards at the IOBC Group (International Organisation for Biological Control). At a national level, the association of providers of beneficials had been founded. Here again, S&S plays an essential role in the introduction of quality standards.
Among others, the following products originate from S&S development:
- Encarsia hangers
- Encarsia stickers
- mini sticky traps
- Amblyseius mix
- Chrysoperla MC
- application schemes for poinsettia.
Many of these developments were so excellent that they were adopted by other competitors.